Why believe in Jesus? Jesus the Christ is unlike any other man who lived!
I believe in Jesus Christ because he was not a self-seeking person, but rather a self-denying person. Rather than set out to conquer people for selfish purposes Jesus denied himself to the uttermost, divested himself from all worldly glory, disdained riches, charged no fee for his services. He denounced with all the power at his command the corrupt religious practices of his day, the self-seeking and self-righteous who put worldly glory above that of God’s.
I believe in Jesus Christ for his tenderness, compassion and utter humility. He had a special and particular liking for the underprivileged, the down-trodden. He loved to keep company with the sinners, the outcasts of human society. There are in the Four Gospels many recorded incidents which make us marvel at the profound tenderness and compassion of Jesus.
I believe in Jesus Christ because of what He is to me, personally. I don’t worship merely a historic figure who lived on the earth some 2000 years ago-certainly not a dead and done for Saviour, He lives in me now, His spirit approves my deeds when I am right and convicts me when I am wrong. I am aware of His presence in me, and with me, as I am aware of my writing this article. Christ to me is a living, guiding, empowering, saving Redeemer.
I believe in Jesus Christ because the reason for much of the present-day infidelity and broken homes, frustrated hopes, selfishness and immorality, is because that is exactly what the world would be like if we arrogantly convinced ourselves we don’t need a real relationship with our God and creator.
To quote from the February 1962 edition of the Word Magazine (pp. 3-4)
- to the ARCHITECT he is the CHIEF CORNER STONE.
- to the BAKER he is the LIVING BREAD.
- to the BANKER he is the HIDDEN TREASURE.
- to the BIOLOGIST he is the LIFE.
- to the BUILDER he is the SURE FOUNDATION.
- to the DOCTOR he is the GREAT PHYSICIAN.
- to the EDUCATOR he is the GREAT TEACHER.
- to the FARMER he is the LORD OF THE HARVEST.
- to the GEOLOGIST he is the ROCK OF AGES.
- to the JEWELER he is the PEARL OF GREAT PRICE.
- to the LAWYER he is the COUNSELOR, THE LAWGIVER, THE ADVOCATE.
- to the TRAVELER he is the NEW AND LIVING WAY.
- to the WORKER he is the GIVER OF REST.
- to the SINNER he is the LAMB OF GOD THAT TAKES AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD.
To all Christians he is The Son of the Living God, The Saviour, The Redeemer and Lord!
Want to know more…