A disciple is NOT a convert. A disciple is someone who is being trained in the way of the master in the same way an apprentice is trained to be like the craftsman or tradesman. Being a disciple is much more than education and knowledge.
We are called to be childlike in part because every child knows , accepts and yearns for those changes that must come as they mature from child to adult.
Like a child we observe and practice. As it is in the physical so it is in the spiritual.
Here are some of the practices the ministry team believe we should all consider as part of intentional spiritual growth:
- Be part of a church group beyond Sunday worship.
- Understand and embrace the place of small groups in the way that God teaches his children.
- Be willing to change your own knowledge and understanding of God’s word as you mature.
- Live a life where the word of God is present in truth, in power and in wisdom in equal measure.
- Contribute to the life of the church, spiritually, relationally, physically and financially.