One of our primary purposes as church is to Gather together in worship, repentance and praise to glorify Jesus the Christ and to encourage one another in the way of the Lord.
” And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-25
However, apart from worship we also gather for
- Sacramental reasons such as Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals and
- with other local churches Band of Brothers (a monthly men’s breakfast) and the Circle of sisters (a quarterly women’s brunch)
Here are some of the practices that the ministry team believe we should all consider in gathering:
- Set aside Sunday to be the day you gather regularly with Gods people.
- Rejoice in the freedom we have to worship without persecution.
- Use it to witness to the wider community that church is important to you.
- Expect that God will speak encouragement, correction and perhaps rebuke to you.
- Contribute to the life of the church, spiritually, relationally, physically and financially.