The Yass Community Garden is intended to be :
- Meeting Place: a convivial place for people to mix with a group, diverse in age, background and ability to form friendships and social bonds which contribute to a sense of community.
- Growing Place: a space where fresh organic food – vegetables, herbs, fruit and flowers can be grown and harvested locally.
- Learning Place: to share gardening knowledge with members and visitors about sustainability: organic methods, waste reduction, water and solar harvesting.
- Healthy Place: to provide a place for social interaction, physical exercise, nutritious organic produce, and a sense of wellbeing.
- Beautiful Place: to create an environment that is in harmony with nature and our neighbours.
Want to know more? Contact….Lynette Rampling 02 6226 1089