What and Why we Pray?
Prayer is having a conversation with God. It’s all about asking God to meet someone else’s need or your own needs.
It’s also about thanking God for what he is doing and has done.
In Matthew chapter 6 in the new Testament of the Bible, Jesus teaches his disciples how they should pray.
So for Christians, it’s our responsibility to pray for others.
At Yass Valley Anglican Churches, we have a group of people who pray confidentially for other people. This is called the prayer chain.
What is the prayer chain for?
The prayer chain is a group of people who have committed themselves to pray on your behalf during times of specific need.
The prayer chain is not for:
- anonymous or generic prayer requests, or
- to provide advice or counselling.
I need some prayer, how do I make use of the prayer chain?
1Ring the contact number listed for the prayer chain published in the latest Pews News. This will advise changes to the contact point due to absences or illnesses.
2If you are unable to make contact with the prayer chain on the number published in the Pews News then call either Rev Ken Rampling or Rev Judy Heggart (see Phone Numbers below).
When calling the prayer chain you will need to provide the following information:
- Your name and contact phone number,
- The name of the person or persons for whom prayer is being requested including dates and places if that is relevant,
- The nature of the prayer request (accident, illnesses, hospitalization, safe travel in an emergency…),
- The outcome sought…(successful surgery, positive news, recovery from, healing for, discernment about, wisdom, peace, encounter with god…).
To access the Parish Prayer Chain, call Catherine on 0405 422 836 who will be able to help you.
If you do need counseling support or just want to talk about a issue the ring
- Rev Ken Rampling 02 6226 1089
- Rev Judy Heggart 02 6226 4932
- Rev Catherine Blythe 0405 422 836